Tuesday 26 January 2010

Hawaiian Applique 101



I'm actually learning something new. I've always wanted to try needle turn applique but was convinced that it would be too hard and the end result would be a disappointment. However I bravely enrolled myself in Quilt University's Hawaiian applique course to see if I could get the basics.
So far so good. As you can see I've cut out the breadfruit pattern and it is now basted to the background. Next week is the needleturn, the tutor says that's easy too, I certainly hope so!


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks great even before it's been sewn together! Here's hoping it continues to look great.

Jandi said...

I can't wait to see what the whole thing looks like! I love your fabrics. Needle turn has quickly become my favorite. Once you get the hang of it, it goes really fast and is a nice thing to work on in front of the television.